The 26th team has been announced and will be leaving for the UK
at the end of November. See the itinerary.
The team is as follows:
Well done and thanks to Steve Doeg.
Some of the dynamics:
- We approached a number of other candidates, including
possibilities based at the coastal cities.
- The Trust has been able to give just over R6 000 to each
- For car hire purposes, we have to have at least one 25
- If we go for six players, it knocks up the cost - either two
vehicles (needing an additional 25 year-old) or one big one.
- Tour cost remains an inhibiting factor
Knights matches and spreading the word
I am hopeful that with the help and involvement of Mike Tootill
and Craig Ruane, that the third Pretoria versus Johannesburg match
will take place this month.
The anticipated match against a school or university in KZN did
not take place earlier this year. I do believe that we should be
spreading the word of our success through inter-action with schools
and universities, and any Knight who would like take up the cudgel
in his area should just do so.